Andrew Feather and Rebecca Richardson were the fastest male and female respectively at the Beacon Wheelers hill climb that took place at Great Dun Fell in Cumbria on Saturday morning.
Feather (ChampionSystem UK) averaged over 20kmh to smash the course record by two minutes after clocking a time of 21-02.
The reigning national champion has started his season impressively after topping the podium twice in two days last weekend at the Somerset Road Club and Dursley Road Club hill climbs.
Feather will be hoping his impressive form can continue as he looks to defend his national title later in the year.
Former national champion Dan Evans (ASSOS Equipe UK) finished second with a time of 21-30, having never ridden the climb previously.
Evans has also started the season strongly, having topped the podium at both the Velo Club Cumbria and Buxton CC hill climbs respectively.
The hill climb ace will be hoping his excellent form continues next weekend as he is set to ride at the Clwb Beicio Egni hill
Espoir Nathan Smith (Wold Top the Edge RT) completed the podium after finishing his run with a time of 22-43.
Rebecca Richardson (Brother.UK Fusion RT) produced an incredible ride to top the podium in the women’s event, finishing her run with a time of 26-27.
Richardson adds this victory to the one she achieved at the Buxton CC hill climb at the start of the month and will be hoping to add more wins to her personal record over the coming weeks.
She is set to ride at the Withington Wheelers hill climb at the end of the month as she prepares for the National Hill Climb at the end of October.
Fergus Jones finished as the fastest junior after finishing his run with a time of 24-39 which is believed to be the fastest time by an under 18-year-old on the Great Dun Fell climb.
The times produced by the field of riders today were so impressive that the winning time from a few years ago wouldn’t have even made it in to the top 15.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Andrew Feather (ChampionSystemUK) 21-02
2. Dan Evans (ASSOS Equipe UK) 21-30
3. Nathan Smith (Wold Top The Edge RT) 22-43
4. Patrick Clark (B38/Cycles in Motion) 22-47
5. Leon Wright (Race Hub) 22-54
6. Martin Mikkelsen-Barron (Velo Club Cumbria) 23-13
7. Alex O’Brien (Garstang CC) 23-18
8. Archie Cross (B38/Cycles in Motion) 23-20
9. Andy Cunningham (Ilkley CC) 23-31
10. David Fellows (Solihull CC) 23-33
1. Rebecca Richardson (Brother.Uk Fusion RT) 26-27
2. Lucy Lee (Velo Club Melyd) 29-34
3. Jessica Evans (ASSOS Equipe UK) 29-54
Veterans: Matt Moorhouse (Preston CC) 55-17