Anna Morris topped the women’s timesheets by a good distance, while Chris Gibbard’s victory came down to a matter of feet in the Ross-on-Wye 10-mile time trial on Saturday.
After finishing third in the Welsh CA 30-mile Championship last weekend, Gibbard (Bynea CC) returned to winning form in the first stage of the Ross-on-Wye CC double header in the ten-mile event.
Gibbard clocked a time of 19-22 to move just a second ahead of then leader Matt Burden as Gibbard started 70th in a field of over 100 riders.
His time would remain top at the close of competition to add to his five previous victories this season.
Burden (73 Degrees Bicycles) also kept his place in second; his third podium in five events this year with the previous two being wins.
In third, junior George Mills-Keeling (Cycle Club Bridgnorth) clocked a time of 19-33, edging William Perrett’s 19-34 as well as picking up the fastest junior prize.
Anna Morris (Aerolab Ward WheelZ) powered to her fourth winning time of the season, clocking 20-42 to lead her team-mate Francesca Hall by over 30 seconds.
Morris has yet to find herself stood below the podium steps in six solo events so far this year.
Hall is a multiple winner herself but couldn’t topple Morris after posting a time of 21-26, four seconds ahead of third placed Jessica Rhodes-Jones (AeroCoach) in 21-30.
In other categories Carlo Toledo (Gloucester City CC) was fastest veteran on standard with a plus time of +6-57, beating Michelle Lee (PDQ Cycling) by a second.
The Team Echelon trio of Simon Garratt, David Dickerson and David Evans clocked a cumulative time of 1-02-44 for team victory.
Dickerson would also go on to having a very impressive day in the second stage of the Ross-on-Wye CC weekend on Sunday.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Chris Gibbard (Bynea CC) 19.22
2. Matt Burden (73 Degrees Bicycles) 19.23
3. George Mills-Keeling (Cycle Club Bridgenorth) 19.33
4. William Perrett (Aerolab Ward WheelZ) 19.34
5. B Xavier Disley (Aerocoach) 19.38
6. Owen Burgess (Newport Phoenix CC) 20.01
=7. Anthony Jones (Towy Riders Cycle Club) 20.02
=7. Carwyn Davies (Cwmcarn Paragon RC) 20.02
=9. Simon Garratt (Team Echelon) 20.06
=9. Carlo Toledo (Gloucester City CC) 20.06
1. Anna Morris (Aerolab Ward WheelZ) 20.42
2. Francesca Hall (Aerolab Ward WheelZ) 21.26
3. Jessica Rhodes-Jones (AeroCoach) 21.30