Charmaine Pullen and Neil Lauder took category wins home on their familiar roads of Kent in the Catford CC 25-mile open event on Sunday morning.
Neil Lauder (Arctic Aircon RT) won solo for the first time in four events, topping the timesheets by nearly a minute ahead of fellow Kent-based time-trial regular Andrew Meilak.
Lauder posted 50-47 to lead by just under three minutes ahead of Nic Fennell (Thanet RC) and with only five riders remaining, Lauder managed to survive although Fennell eventually dropped to fourth from second.
The victory is Lauder’s fifth of the season on record.
Within the remaining five riders to follow Lauder, Tom Rowing (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) and Andrew Meilak (VeloRefined.com Aerosmiths) managed to upheave Fennell from his perch in second.
Meilak was second with a time of 51-45 while Rowing was a further 25 second back in 52-10.
Charmaine Pullen (Folkestone Velo Club) won her third consecutive open event on record albeit not as clearly as Lauder’s.
Pullen stopped the timekeepers at 1-03-23 to end the day with a gap of 25 seconds to the second spot of Rebecca Wilson (Rye & District Wheelers).
Wilson was the first woman off and posted a time of 1-03-48 which held top spot for around 40 minutes before Pullen crossed for the decisive time.
The Rye & District Wheelers rider did manage to hold onto second place however with Pullen’s team-mate Annette Nixon finishing third in 1-04-01.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Neil Lauder (Arctic Aircon RT) 50.47
2. Andrew Meilak (VeloRefined.com Aerosmiths) 51.45
3. Tom Rowing (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 52.10
4. Nic Fennell (Thanet RC) 53.32
5. Chris Jones (Bynea CC) 53.40
=6. Martin Jones (Colour Tech RT) 54.05
=6. Mark Baker (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 54.05
8. Nick Wilson (Rye & District Wheelers) 54.23
9. Matt Kuwertz (Southborough & District Wheelers) 54.29
10. Neil Harris (Southborough & District Wheelers) 54.31
1. Charmaine Pullen (Folkestone Velo Club) 1:03.23
2. Rebecca Wilson (Rye & District Wheelers) 1:03.48
3. Annette Nixon (Folkestone Velo Club) 1:04.01
Veteran: Andrew Meilak