Abigail Langley and Andrew Meilak finished top female and male riders in a Gravesend CC hosted time trial that had to be reduced to 20km due to roadworks near Challock in Kent on Sunday.
Andrew Meilak (Velorefined.com) gave the younger riders a fine display of how to negotiate the Kent roads with victory on Sunday.
The 53-year-old from Frittenden clocked a time of 25-22 which was also enough to claim the veteran on standard prize with a time +7.35 better than standard.
The Q25/8 course had to be shortened due to roadworks on the A28 Ashford leg of the course which left seven riders to withdraw. Despite that, and variable conditions, the event ran smoothly and riders who stuck it out reporting positively on the course and distance.
Martin Jones (Colour Tech RT) claimed his best finish of the season with a second place finish in 25-59 and was followed by a trio of Abellio-SFA Racing Team riders.
The three Abellio team-mates were only separated by 24 seconds with Dean Chiddention leading the way with a time of 26-01.
Mark Baker finished fourth with John Cockrill – the only non-veteran of the trio - in fifth with all three finishing as fastest team.
Abigail Langley (Thanet RC) clocked 33-33 to take the women’s prize. The first place comes two weeks after a positioning of third in the VTTA (Kent) 10.
In other categories, junior rider Fabien Large (Nopinz) clocked a time of 27-18 to see himself firmly inside the top ten placings.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Andrew Meilak (Velorefined.com) 25.22
2. Martin Jones (Colour Tech RT) 25.59
3. Dean Chiddention (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 26.01
4. Mark Baker (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 26.16
5. John Cockrill (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 26.25
6. Keith Brown (Soutborough & District Wheelers) 26.37
7. Martin Jessup (Gravesend CC) 26.40
8. Gavin Stevens (RAF CA) 26.45
9. Antony Bee (Wigmore CC) 27.07
10. Fabien Large (Nopinz) 27.18
Women: Abigail Langley (Thanet RC) 33.33