Debbie Percival tasted victory as Neil Lauder enjoyed success on a familiar course once again in a ten-mile event hosted by Southborough & District Wheelers on Saturday.
Lauder (Arctic Tacx RT) returned to the event set on the Q10/33 course as reigning winner. The 36-year-old was once again the only man under 21 minutes with his time of 20-29 giving him a clear 57-second victory.
His time was only 16 seconds short of equalling the course record 20-13 set by himself in his victory last year.
TrainSharp’s Peter Tadros finished second in 21-26 behind Lauder to reach his fifth podium finish of the year. Tadros rode twice in a day last weekend where he picked up a win and a second place.
Matt Kuwertz finished third representing the event’s host club clocking a time of 22-02.
Experienced veteran Debbie Percival (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) finished the day as fastest woman by a greater margin than Lauder’s category win.
Percival clocked 26-38 which, by the end of the day’s proceedings, was 1-35 better than nearest rival Tracy Wilkinson-Begg (Folkestone Velo Club). Wilkinson-Begg stopped the timekeepers watches on 28-03 while Lisa Howse (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) was third in 28-56.
Host club Southborough & District Wheelers claimed the team prize as third-placed Matt Kuwertz partnered with Charles Dennison and Ian Turner for a time of 1-14-37.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Neil Lauder (Arctic Tacx RT) 20.29
2. Peter Tadros (trainSharp) 21.26
3. Matt Kuwertz (Southborough & Dist. Whs) 22.02
4. Joshua Clark (Royal Navy & Royal Marines CA) 22.05
5. Theo Tadros (trainSharp) 22.29
6. Martin Jones (Colour Tech RT) 22.47
7. Jimmy George (V02 Maximum RT) 23.09
8. Dean Chapman (Ashford Road Club) 23.34
9. Sam Day (CS Grupetto) 23.40
10. Michael Porter (34 Nomads CC) 24.18
1. Debbie Percival (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) 26.38
2. Tracy Wilkinson-Begg (Folkestone Velo Club) 28.03
3. Lisa Howse (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) 28.56
Veteran on Standard: Peter Tadros (trainSharp) +5.10