Neah Evans topped the women’s timesheets as Simon Wilson set a new course record on his run in the East Lancashire Road Club 25-mile time trial on Saturday afternoon.
Fresh off National Team Time Trial Championship gold last weekend, Simon Wilson (Ribble Pro Cycling) returned to solo events in superb form, taking victory by over two and a half minutes and setting a new course record.
The past month has seen a number of course records broken up and down the country and this time it was Cheshire’s turn as Wilson clocked a time of 49-50 – making it six consecutive event victories for him since the turn of the year.
The closest anyone could get to Wilson was 52-21 which was set by Joseph Dobson (Manchester Bicycle Club) who has five wins to his name in 2019 already.
Barring a DNF in the penultimate round of the Sigma Sports Classic Series, Dobson has finished on the podium in his last five other events and 11 times in total from 14 previous outings this season.
In third, Ben Norbury (Congleton CC) clocked a time of 52-55 to complete the major placings.
In the women’s category, Neah Evans (Team HUUB) finished atop the standings for a second time this month after previous victory in the Manchester & District Ladies CA 25.
Evans clocked a time 56-07 to take the victory and an overall eleventh place and according to organisers, the victory was of no surprise to many on the day.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Simon Wilson (Ribble Pro Cycling) 49.50
2. Joseph Dobson (Manchester Bicycle Club) 52.21
3. Ben Norbury (Congleton CC) 52.55
4. Rod Mason (Stockport Clarion CC) 54.17
5. Alistair Rutherford (Secret-training CC) 54.48
6. Sam Taylor (Weaver Valley CC) 55.03
Women: Neah Evans (Team HUUB) 56.07