Keri Parton and Andy Jackson were the fastest female and male riders respectively at the Burton and District CA 25-mile time trial in Derbyshire on Saturday, using the course that is set to host the National Championships in July.
Parton (Pro Vision Cycle Clothing) clocked a time of 58-18 to set the fastest time by a female that day.
The 30-year-old from Sone in Staffordshire was last victorious at the Stretford Wheelers 10 at the end of March, and also topped the podium at the Manchester & District TTA 10 in the same month.
Andy Jackson (AeroCoach) clocked a time of 48-48 to set the fastest time by any rider that day. The 43-year-old adds this victory to the second placed finish he achieved at the Nelson Wheelers CC 50 last weekend to continue his fine start to the season.
The rider from Holmfirth was crowned the National 24-Hour Champion last season when he cycled a mammoth 530.61 miles in a day.
Second place on the podium was clinched by Mark Turnbull (Torq Performance) who clocked a time of 49-47. This was Turnbull’s first event of the open season after having a fine campaign in 2018.
The 45-year-old was last victorious at the Cheshire Roads Club 50 at the start of September as well as achieving an impressive fifth place finish at the National 12-hour Championships.
The final spot on the podium was claimed by Darren Maironis (Transition RT) who finished his run with a time of 49-53.
Maironis adds this podium finish to the third place he achieved at both the Withington Wheelers 25 last weekend and the Stretford Wheelers 10 at the end of March.
The 46-year-old was last victorious at the Liverpool Braveheart BC two-up 10 in mid-September of last season.
The out and back course saw the riders start near Hilton and navigate their way along the A50, passing through Sudbury before making a turn at The Heath and riding back along the same route before finishing in Etwall.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Andy Jackson (AeroCoach) 48-48
2. Mark Turnbull (Torq Performance) 49-47
3. Darren Maironis (Transition RT) 49-53
4. Jonathan Schubert (Arctic Tacx RT) 50-36
5. David Williams (Velotik RT) 51-17
6. Tim May (PDQ Cycle Coaching) 51-21
1. Keri Parton (Pro Vision Cycle Clothing) 58-18
2. Deborah Sheridan (Warwickshire Road Club) 1-01-09
3. Sarah Harrison (Sheffield Triathlon Club) 1-01-11
4. Susan Semple (Born to Bike Bridgtown Cycles) 1-01-25
5. Philippa Schubert (High Wycombe CC) 1-02-12
6. Sue Cheetham (North Lancs RC) 1-02-53