Simon McNamara (South Downs Bikes/Casco Europe) and Ruth Summerford (Eastbourne Rovers CC) thrived in the warm conditions as they took the men’s and women’s victories respectively in the Sussex CA 25.
Racing towards the coast, the G25/93 course sees riders start near Steyning before looping north away from the coast on the B2135 and join the A24 and travelling south and passing the finish point while heading down to Shoreham-on-Sea and then turning for home.
After finishing fourth in the Sussex CA 10 the previous day, McNamara made his way to victory over the longer distance clocking 52 minutes exactly.
He was pushed all the way by Howard Shaw (Eastbourne Rovers CC), who finished third the previous day four seconds ahead of McNamara.
However, over the longer distance Shaw pulled up 16 seconds short of victory. Pete Morris (Team ASL) won a close battle for third finishing in 52.50, just three seconds quicker than James Mapley (Blazing Saddles).
McNamara led South Downs Bikes/Casco Europe to the team prize joined by Kevin Plummer (55.15) and Andy Tedd (56.24).
Ruth Summerford (Eastbourne Rovers CC) made it a victorious weekend after clinching victory in the Sussex 10 the previous day she also clinched the Sussex 25 clocking a time of 59.48.
Gina McGeever (Lewes Wanderers CC) finished second in 1:06.27.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Simon McNamara (South Downs Bikes/Casco Europe) 52.00
2. Howard Shaw (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 52.16
3. Pete Morris (Team ASL) 52.50
4. James Mapley (Blazing Saddles) 52.53
5. Howard Bayley (Blazing Saddles) 53.30
Team: South Downs Bikes
1. Ruth Summerford (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 59.48
2. Gina McGeever (Lewes Wanderers CC) 1:06.27