If you have a map of this course, please email email@example.com
Kieran Savage and Sarah Lewthwaite top the timesheets in Batley to win the Drighlington Bicycle Club hill-climb time trial on Saturday morning.
Without a win in five events, Kieran Savage (Team B38) appears to have peaked at just the right time with the National Championships just around the corner.
Savage posted a time of 2.42.2 that was five seconds better than his opponents to take the win as the 21-year-old looks ready to go a couple better next weekend in the nationals after a third place last year.
Team B38/Underpin Racing team-mate Jude Taylor was a close second to Savage. Taylor crossed the line in 2.47.5 to partner Savage as the only riders to break the three minute mark.
Top three finishes have been consistent for Jude in 2018 but only one win has formulated which was back in June in the Yorkshire Cycling Federation points series.
Matthew Cleave (Hopey Bicycle Repairs) rounded off the podiums in 3.01.6.
Sarah Lewthwaite (Team Sportslab) has turned her hand to hill-climbing after an impressive season in time-trialling of the flatter variety.
Lewthwaite was imperious in her victory as her time of 4.17 was 18 seconds ahead of the next nearest.
Rebecca Bland (York Cycleworks) set off second of the women and watched her time of 4.35.2 withstand until Lewthwaite took to the circuit.
Despite missing out this time, Bland’s second place is her best of the season so far. Amy Cuthbertson (Otley CC) challenged for second but had to settle for the third, falling two seconds behind Bland. Cuthbertson crossed the line in 4.37.2.
Sixth-placed David Barnett (Jackpot Racing) took the veterans prize with a time of 3.18.3 whilst Abbie Holyoake of host club Drighlington BC took the junior prize in 4.40.3.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Kieran Savage (Team B38/Underpin Racing) 2.42.5
2. Jude Taylor (Team B38/Underpin Racing) 2.47.5
3. Matthew Cleave (Hopey Bicycle Repairs) 3.01.6
4. Kieran Manchester (Saddleworth Clarion CC) 3.02.6
5. Mark Jagger (Harrogate Nova) 3.11.5
6. David Barnett (Jackpot Racing) 3.18.3
7. James Wakefield (Huddersfield Star Wheelers) 3.20
8. Martin Portman (Yorkshire RC) 3.21.5
9. Andrew Askwith (Bridlington CC) 3.33.9
10. Huw Spacey (Harrogate Nova CC) 3.35.7
1. Sarah Lewthwaite (Team Sportslab) 4.17
2. Rebecca Bland (York Cycleworks) 4.35.1
3. Amy Cuthbertson (Otley CC) 4.37.2
Veteran: David Barnett
Junior: Abbie Holyoake (Drighlington BC) 4.40.3