If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kay Burgess (Kings Lynn CC) and Daniel Bloy (Team Velovelocity) finished top male and female in the Wisbech Wheelers 25-mile time trial in Norfolk on Sunday.
Bloy led the way in the men’s category and secured victory in his second Wisbech Wheelers event of 2018 – this time over the 25-mile distance rather than 10.
The 40-year-old Velovelocity rider stormed his way to a second successive victory in the Wisbech 25 and finished atop by a comfortable margin of 1-20 posting a time of 52-42.
Jim Boyle (NOPINZ) took the next step of the podium as he reached the finish in 54-02, while Bloy’s Velovelocity team-mate David Proctor (Team Velovelocity) capped off the podium places in third, 39 seconds behind Boyle in 54-41.
Kay Burgess (Kings Lynn CC) raced to her first category win of the season and third top three beating Team Bottrill’s Sarah Senderski. Burgess led the way with a time of 1-04-37 which was enough to see her claim victory by 52 seconds.
Senderski (Team Bottrill) was second in 1-05-29 whilst Sally Withey (Team Swift) was third female, 2-50 behind Senderski in 1-08-19.
Overall winner Bloy was the fastest veteran of the day with Kay Burgess fastest female veteran.
Jon Talbot (Wisbech Wheelers) was the fastest home club rider of the day – finishing just outside of the top 10 in 11th with a time of 58-58.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Daniel Bloy (Team Velovelocity) 52.42
2. Jim Boyle (NOPINZ) 54.02
3. David Proctor (Team Velovelocity) 54.41
4. Malcom Smith (Peterborough CC) 55.11
5. Steven Neill (Kings Lynn CC) 56.05
6. Mark Williams (Royal Air Force CA) 56.53
7. Simon Daw (Velo Schils Interbike RT) 57.17
8. Steve Kaye (Fenland Clarion CC) 57.22
9. Martin Atkinson (Peterborough CC) 58.29
10. Neil Empson (Anglia Velo) 58.50
1. Kay Burgess (Kings Lynn CC) 1:04.37
2. Sarah Senderski (Team Bottrill) 1:05.29
3. Sally Withey (Team Swift) 1:08.19
Veteran: Daniel Bloy