Anneke Prins and John Mulvey powered to victories on the F14/25 circuit in Cambridgeshire in the Stevenage CC 25 on Sunday morning.
John Mulvey (Cambridge University CC) bettered Saturday’s exploits where he finished fifth in the Cambridge CC 25 by riding to a 29 second victory on Sunday.
The 25-year-old university student posted a time of 55-03 to take what is likely his third victory of the season with past wins including the Easterley RC Hilly 25 and Ely & District 25 earlier in the year.
Ryan Witchell (Team Salesengine) was the man to take the second step of the podium as he couldn’t quite match Mulvey’s time – the 23-year-old clocked a 55-32.
Ben Stowe (Arctic Tacx RT) made up a podium all born in the 1990’s with Stowe being the eldest at 28 years of age. Stowe was 56 seconds adrift of leader Mulvey with a time of 55-59.
Anneke Prins (Welwyn Wheelers) topped the timesheets in the women’s category with the 40-year-old crossing the line in 1-13-08 on the course not far from Cambridge city centre.
Host club Stevenage CC had enough to shout about on the day as they took the team prize – Fourth placed Joe Gorman finished in 56-48 and formed a winning trio with Callum Stewart (1-01-00) and Mark Vooght (1-02-50).
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. John Mulvey (Cambridge University CC) 55.30
2. Ryan Witchell (Team Salesengine) 55.32
3. Ben Stowe (Arctic Tacx RT) 55.59
4. Joe Gorman (Stevenage CC) 56.48
5. Jason Stuart (CC Ashwell) 57.38
6. Fraser Hillcoat (Welwyn Wheelers) 58.22
7. Julian Pegg (Hitchin Nomads) 58.57
8. Keith Baron (St Neots CC) 59.13
9. Sean Bradley (Team Trident) 59.27
10. Nick McCormick (Epsom CC) 1:00.24
Women: Anneke Prins (Welwyn Wheelers) 1:13.08
Team: Stevenage CC (J. Gormon, C. Stewart, M. Vooght) 3:00.38
Veteran: Jason Stuart