If you have a map of this course, please email email@example.com
Race Hub’s Leon Wright was the fastest rider on the day at the Lincolnshire RRA event on Saturday, competed over around 18.5 miles.
The course was originally earmarked as a 25-mile event but temporary traffic lights meant that it had to be shortened considerably. As well as a shorter course, riders had to cope with stiff winds.
But Wright didn’t let the circumstances hinder him as he powered to the finish line in a time of 40.11 – just two seconds quicker than second-placed Philip Jones of Transition RT.
Lincoln Wheelers rider Billy Jarish was next quickest, completing the podium with a time of 40.43, 30 seconds off the pace of Jones.
Charlotte Boothman of ABC Centreville took the women’s prize with a time of 47.51, Nottingham Clarion’s Annabel Prow was next quickest in 49.28 and third was Trent Valley RC’s Lucy Overton in 52.29.
Wisbech Wheelers’ Roger Sewell was top veteran on standard with 1:23.07 and second was Michiel Vaal (Team Backstedt Bike Performance) in 1:14.22. Third, with1:24.22 was James William Davey of VTTA Kent.
Lincolnshire Road Riding Association awards were also presented, with Billy Jarish taking first place and Lucy Overton taking the women’s award. The team prize went to Spalding CC, Jake Jackson (Ellmore Factory Racing) was top junior and Witham Wheelers’ John Scott took the veteran on standard prize.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Leon Wright (Race Hub) 40.11
2. Philip Jones (Transition RT) 40.13
3. Billy Jarish (Lincoln Wheelers CC) 40.43
4. Paul Pardoe (Peterborough CC) 41.20
5. Joshua Wallis (Spalding CC) 41.31
6. Ian Guilor (Mapperley CC) 41.41
7. Michiel Vaal (Team Backstedt Bike Performance) 42.03
8. Ben Terry (RAF CA) 42.36
9. Tim Lister (Spalding CC) 42.47
10. Sean Hunt (Lincoln Wheelers CC) 43.02