If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Francesca Hall and Will Perrett were fastest female and male riders respectively as Sherwood CC staged a 10-mile time trial in Nottinghamshire on Saturday evening.
Perrett, 21 and from Derby, clocked 19-02 for the A10/14 course near Long Bennington. That gave him a personal best by just three seconds and was enough to win on the day by 19 seconds from Jonathan Wears (NOPINZ), while James Bentley (Team Bottrill) was just one second further back in third place.
And in the women’s category, DAP CC rider Francesca Hall, 23 and from near King’s Lynn, covered the course in 22-13 to win by more than a minute from Wendy Gooding (Team Bottrill) with 23-15, while third spot went to TFN Tri Club rider Julie Lambourne who clocked 24-43.
Team Bottrill-Vanguard went home with the team prize with James Bentley and Sean Vincent being joined in the winning trio by Matt Miller on 21-15, for a combined time of 1-01-06.
Hot conditions and a wind which changed direction frequently didn’t stop riders posting some good times, with 18 recording personal best times including overall winner Perrett who took three seconds from his previous best.
But the event very nearly had to be cancelled, with traffic cones appearing on the course earlier in the day for emergency barrier repairs. But they had been cleared by the time the event began.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Will Perrett (Univ of Derby CC) 19.02
2. Jonathan Wears (NOPINZ) 19.21
3. James Bentley (Team Bottrill-Vanguard) 19.22
4. Richard Dean (Cyclemania) 19.39
5. David Mead (Lutterworth Cycle Centre RT) 19.53
6. Nicholas Cousins (Derby Mercury RC) 19.55
7. Kenny Cliffe (Leicester Forest CC) 20.04
8. Paul Cox (Watt Bike) 20.05
9. Ian Guilor (Mapperley CC) 20.11
10. Sean Vincent (Team Bottrill) 20.29
Team: Team Bottrill-Vanguard (James Bentley, Sean Vincent, Matt Miller 21-15) 1:01.06.
1. Francesca Hall (DAP CC) 22.13
2. Wendy Gooding (Team Bottrill) 23.15
3. Julie Lambourne (TFN Tri Club) 24.43