Emilie Verroken and Matt Sinclair both broke course records in the Matlock CC 25-mile time trial on Sunday.
The Matlock CC held event on the A25/12 course played host to an afternoon of expert riding as both men’s and women’s course records were toppled.
Matt Sinclair (Lutterworth Cycle Centre RT) was fastest man and recorded a time of 50-56 to have his name in the record books.
It wasn’t all plain sailing for the Lutterworth rider though as he had to find an extra gear to top Jacob Tipper’s earlier time of 51-08.
Tipper (Ribble Pro Cycling) featured in Saturday’s Team Bottrill held 10-mile event where he finished second and his performance on Sunday led him to an equal result.
Emilie Verroken (Maxx RT) was also on hand to make it a memorable day in Derbyshire as she took the women’s course record with a time of 1-02-29.
The 40-year-old has had a solid start to 2018 with a run of 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd and 3rd place finishes but her persistence finally paid off as she eclipsed those results to take her maiden win of the year.
Back in the men’s category, Nicholas Cousins (Derby Mercury RC) completed the podium spots as he stopped the clock in 53-24.
In the medium gear category, Blair Buss (Halifax Imperial Wheelers) was fastest crossed the line in 1-00-28 to take the prize.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Matt Sinclair (Lutterworth Cycle Centre RT) 50.56
2. Jacob Tipper (Ribble Pro Cycling) 51.08
3. Nicholas Cousins (Derby Mercury RC) 53.24
4. Liam Bosley (Derby Mercury RC) 56.14
5. Ian Wroblewski (Lutterworth Cycle Centre RT) 58.24
6. Matt Yardley (Macclesfield Wheelers) 59.58
7. Jonathan Lloyd (Westmead Team 88) 1:00.15
8. Pete Laud (Common Lane Occasionals) 1:00.30
9. David Mason (Lincoln Wheelers) 1:00.31
10. Chris Nicoll (Derby Triathlon Club) 1:00.34
Women: Emilie Verroken (Maxx R. T.) 1:02.29
Veteran: Ian Wroblewski
Medium Gears: Blair Buss (Halifax Imperial Wheelers) 1:00.28