Daniel Bloy won the Iceni Velo 10-mile event on Saturday and Stowmarket and District CC rider Verity Smith broke the women’s course record.
Riders gathered in hot and sticky conditions with a gust of wind lashing the riders as they rode. Conditions changed a lot throughout the day, causing something of a lottery for the competitors.
But one rider that wasn’t affected by the conditions was Daniel Bloy who stormed round the course in a time of 20.34 to take the win for Team Velovelocity.
Stuart Fairweather came second overall to take the veteran prize and make it a one-two for Team Velovelocity. Home club rider Matt Ratcliffe was third, stopping the clock in 21.56.
And winner of the women’s category, Verity Smith set a new course record with a quick time of 23.24. Denise Hurren (Sole Bay Cycle Sport) was second in 23.53 and in third was Jenny Anderson (Great Yarmouth CC) in 26.06.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Daniel Bloy (Team Velovelocity) 20.34
2. Stuart Fairweather (Team Velovelocity) 21.18
3. Matt Ratcliffe (Iceni Velo) 21.56
4. Steven Neill (Kings Lynn CC) 22.15
5. Mark Saunders (VC Beracchi) 22.38
6. Antony Birt (Team Bottrill HSS Hire) 22.40
6. Peter Kerry (Ipswich Velo) 22.40
8. Matt O’Brien (Plomesgate CC) 22.41
9. Julian Bosley (Stowmarket & District CC) 22.44
10. Paul Hayward (VC Beracchi) 22.46
Veteran: Stuart Fairweather
Team: Plomesgate CC (Matt O’Brien, David Gitsham 23.10, Trevor Caley 23.29) 1:09.20
1. Verity Smith (Stowmarket & District CC) 23.24
2. Denise Hurren (Sole Bay Cycle Sport) 23.53
3. Jenny Anderson (Great Yarmouth CC) 26.06