Lauren Creamer (NCC Group-Kuota-Torelli) claimed a narrow victory at the women’s race of the Burton & District Cycling Alliance 10 on Saturday.
Creamer was victorious at the Worcester St Johns CC 25 last month, and has had two top ten results in this year’s Knight Composite Classic Series.
The event started and ended in Etwall, travelling along the A50 and turning at Dove Valley Park, and it was Creamer who came out on top by the slenderest of margins.
She stopped the clock in 22.29, pipping veteran Chris Melia (Born to Bike – Bridgetown Cycles) by a single second, having set off a minute later.
The top three were separated by just six seconds in an exciting competition, the podium being completed by Fiona Prew (Pro Vision Cycle Clothing).
Alex Deck and Ellie Cooper also dipped under the 23-minute mark to complete the top 5.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Lauren Creamer (NCC Group-Kuota-Torelli) 22.29
2. Chris Melia (Born to Bike – Bridgetown Cycles) 22.30
3. Fiona Prew (Pro Vision Cycle Clothing) 22.35
4. Alex Deck (Rutland Cycling Club) 22.50
5. Elli Cooper (Race Hub) 22.59
6. Susan Semple (Born to Bike – Bridgetown Cycles) 23.06
7. Lynne Biddulph (Born to Bike – Bridgetown Cycles) 23.08
8. Christine Bertram (Phoenix Velo) 23.24
9. Keri Parton (Royal Air Force Cycling Association) 23.48
10. Emilie Verroken (Maxx RT) 23.51