George Fox overcame difficult conditions on a notoriously quick course to take victory by a mere second in the City Road Club event on Good Friday.
The Team Bottrill rider completed in a time of 18.12 to take top spot with Lutterworth Cycle Centre’s Matt Sinclair second in 18.13.
Conditions on the way back were particularly tricky but there were still come fantastic rides on a very competitive day.
Philip Graves of NOPINZ has been I fine form himself of late but had to settle for third here, missing out on Fox’s time by just four seconds.
It proved to be a very tight battle for the win with just five seconds separating the top four riders.
Steve Irwin of North Lancs RT had to settle for fourth with a time of 18.17 – enough to take the veteran prize.
Victoria Smith of AeroCoach took the women’s prize with a time of 21.37. Team Swift occupied the other two steps of the podium with Kirsty Smith second in 21.51 and Alex Smethurst third in 22.07.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. George Fox (Team Botrill) 18.12
2. Matt Sinclair (Lutterworth Cycle Centre) 18.13
3. Phil Graves (Nopinz) 18.16
4. Steven Irwin (North Lancs RC) 18.17
5. Stuart Travis (Team Botrill) 18.24
6. Mark Jones (Drag2Zero) 18.29
7. Ian Ryves (Baines Racing/Silverstone) 18.41
8. Stephen Lewis (Rock 2 Roll CC) 18.42
9. James Rix (Crawley Wheelers) 18.44
10 Justin Layne (CC Ashwell) 18.53