Daniel Bloy and Mandy Bunn were the fastest male and female as Kings Lynn CC staged a 25-mile time trial in Norfolk on Saturday.
Bloy, 39 and riding for Team Velovelocity, clocked 53.54 to take the win by 52 seconds. The in-form rider, from Downham Market, was just six seconds slower than the time he clocked in the same club’s event on the same course back in August.
He took the win ahead of team-mate Matthew Senter (Team Velovelocity), while another 16 seconds back in third spot was North Norfolk Wheelers’ Charles Senter.
“I’m very pleased with that,” said Bloy, who holds the course record of 53.39, set in August 2015. “I would’ve been happy with a 54 because I usually have a slow start to the season. It can take me a good couple of months of racing before I hit top form, and although I’m some way off that yet I was pleased nevertheless.”
The women’s event was won by CC Sudbury’s Mandy Bunn with a time of 1:04.59, which gave her the win by 53 seconds from Chelmer CC’s Ann Shuttleworth, while Kay Burgess (Kings Lynn CC) was third, another three minutes back.
In was Bloy’s first win of the year, but he came close in the CC Breckland 10 last month when he placed second behind Lloyd Chapman. He is next due to be in action in the Wisbech Wheelers 25 on May 14, while he has also entered the North Norfolk Wheelers 100 later that same month.
It was Mandy Bunn’s second open win of the season so far, following on from her victory in the women’s category at CC Sudbury’s 22-mile time trial last month. She also placed third in the competitive Plomesgate CC 10.
The event also featured a two-up 25-mile event, which saw a dead-heat for victory between Kings Lynn CC duo Steven Neill and Ben Stancombe, and Alex Lubbock (API Metrow) and Mark Farrow (Team Pedal Revolution) who also clocked 56.57.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Daniel Bloy (Team Velovelocity) 53.54
2. Matthew Senter (Team Velovelocity) 54.46
3. Charles Nurse (North Norfolk Wh) 55.02
4. Jorge Vieria (Kings Lynn CC) 56.07
5. Ben Keeley (Team Velovelocity) 56.38
6. David Procter (Team Velovelocity) 57.30
7. Robert Golding (Ely and Dist CC) 57.54
8. Damon Day (CC Sudbury) 58.15
9. John Bradbury (CC Sudbury) 59.18
10. Rory Havis (Ely and Dist CC) 59.29
1. Mandy Bunn (CC Sudbury) 1:04:59
2. Ann Shuttleworth (Chelmer CC) 1:05:52
3. Kay Burgess (Kings Lynn CC) 1:08:44
=1. Steve Neill & Ben Stancombe (both Kings Lynn CC) 56.57
=1. Alex Lubbock (API Metrow) & Mark Farrow (Team Pedal Revolution) 56.57
3. Gavin Barron & John Swindells (Iceni Velo) 58.42