Rob Sharland and Angela Radden-Rutt were the fastest man and woman as the Southern Counties CU staged a 10-mile time trial near Okewoodhill in Surrey on Saturday.
Sharland, the 29-year-old Paceline RT rider from Surbiton, clocked 21.565 to win the event by 1-09 from Team ASL 27-year-old Mark Emsley. Third spot went to Oliver Bridgwood (Spokes BPC), another 15 seconds back.
And in the women’s category, Radden-Rutt (The Cycle Room) took the win by 12 second with her time of 27.49, while Alicia Love (Liverpool Phoenix) was second and Tracy Corbett (Les Filles) took third, another 43 seconds back.
For Sharland, it was the latest in a string of wins that has seen him make a successful start to the 2017 season. He won the Farnborough and Camberley CC 10-mile TT two weeks ago, and last month was also victorious in the Redhill CC sporting 18-mile TT.
Despite strong winds throughout the event on the G10/46 course, Sharland’s performance was close to being a new course record, which currently stands at 21.28, set by Elliott Porter in 2014.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Rob Sharland (Paceline RT) 21.55
2. Mark Emsley (Team ASL) 23.04
3. Oliver Bridgwood (Spokes BPC) 23.19
4. Matt Peel (Redhill CC) 23.35
5. Sam Christy (London Dynamo) 23.40
6. Ian Bray (Addiscombe CC) 23.49
7. Mark Newton (Elite Cycling) 23.51
8. David Shepherd (GS Stella) 24.06
9. Dan Cole (Dorking CC) 24.32
10. Phil Murrell (Finsbury Park CC) 24.55
Team: Horsham Cycling (Dale Baldwin 25.40, Jon Fry 26.21, Anthony Brown 27.16) 1:19.17
1. Angela Radden-Rutt (The Cycle Room0 27.49
2. Alicia Love (Liverpool Phoenix) 28.01
3. Tracy Corbett (Les Filles RT) 28.44
Road Bike: Sam Christy