If you have a map of this course, please email email@example.com
Harley Matthews notched up his first win of the season in new team colours as he mastered wet conditions at the CC Breckland 10-mile time trial in Norfolk on New Year’s Day.
Now riding for DAP Cycling Club, Matthews clocked 22-01 to take the win by 51 seconds on a course which was switched away from the B10/3 to avoid spray on the dual carriageway sections caused by heavy rain prior to the event.
The new course still used the same headquarters at Morley, but only featured single carriageway roads with significantly less traffic.
Matthews, who clocked 19-28 on the B10 course back in June when he won the CC Breckland 10, was one of just 12 riders from a field of 30 who braved the conditions and rode the event.
Fourth last year, Thomas Power (Team Pedal Revolution) stepped up to second this time with 232-52, while just one second behind him was VC Baracchi’s Liam Gentry, finishing third for the second year in a row.
The women’s prize went to Cindy Berry (BowlPhish Racing) with 27.57, while fastest veteran was Nick Esser (VC Baracchi) with 26 minutes exactly.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
CC Breckland 10 (Morley, Norfolk):
1. Harley Matthews (DAP CC) 22.01
2. Thomas Power (Team Pedal Revolution) 22.52
3. Liam Gentry (VC Baracchi) 22.53
4. Ben Benyon (Team Pedal Revolution) 22.54
5. Mark Richards (VC Baracchi) 23.26
6. Stuart Pryce (Team Pedal Revolution) 23.52
7. James Rush (CC Sudbury) 25.19
8. Ashley Thompson (Town and Country Printers) 25.47
9. Nick Esser (VC Baracchi) 26.00
10. Cindy Berry (BowlPhish Racing) 27.57
11. Paul White (Diss and Dist CC) 28.55
12. Thomas Moore (Great Yarmouth CC) 30.04
Women: Cindy Berry (BowlPhish Racing)
Veterans: Nick Esser (VC Baracchi)