High winds did little to put off riders in Farnham Road Club’s 25-mile event staged on the A31 Bentley bypass in Hampshire on Sunday morning.
A big field rode the event on the H25/8 course, with some fast times being posted on all categories.
Southborough and District Wheelers won the four-up competition by almost a minute. Rob Stephenson, Matt Kuwertz, Chris Wolton and Rory Barrett clocked 52.47 to take the win by 49 seconds from the Andover Wheelers quarter of Simon Healy, Edd Charlton-Weedy, Matthew Buckley and Nigel Pratt.
Fastest pair in the two-up category were Lewis Keightley (Team Bottrill) and Jon Rowley (Poole Wheelers) with 52.06, giving them a comfortable win by almost three minutes from Andy Langdown and Tom Lane (Blazing Saddles).
Third fastest – and best mixed duo – were Rachael Elliott and Ian Greenstreet of Newbury RC, who were another 30 seconds back with 55-28.
And the tandem prize went to Fairly United CC pair Peter Oliver and Jan Newman with 57.34.
*All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Lewis Keightley (Team Bottrill) and Jon Rowley (Poole Wheelers) 52.06
2. Andy Langdown and Tom Lane (Blazing Saddles) 54.58
3. Rachael Elliott and Ian Greenstreet (Newbury RC) 55.28
Mixed: Elliott and Greenstreet
Tandems: Peter Oliver and Jan Newman (Fairly United CC) 57.34
1. Southborough and Dist Wh (Stephenson, Kuwertz, Wolton, Barrett) 52.47
2. Andover Wh (Healey, Charlton-Weedy, Buckley, Pratt) 53.36
3. VC Venta (Smales, Naulls, Franklin, Fleming) 54.21