Cycle Club Bexley
Promoted for an on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules and Regulations
The Dave Ashdown Memorial Open 10 Miles Time Trial
(incorporating a Tricycle Association (South Eastern Region) ‘10’)
To be held at 15.00hrs on Saturday 7 May 2016
Course Q10/24 – Grain
CC Bexley: Richard Boxall TA: Mark Vowells and Handicapper
9 Wessex Walk Alandale
Dartford Foxendown Lane
Kent Meopham, Kent
Tel. 07831 866838 Tel. 01474 392302
Timekeepers: Dave Abbotts, Gravesend CC and Bob Aves, CC Bexley Recorder: Tom Wakefield
CC Bexley Awards
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th on scratch £20, £15, £10, and £5
1st in each vets’ category vets’ A, B, C, D £10
A40-49, B50-59, C60-69, D70+
1st Lady, 2nd Lady, 3rd Lady £15, £10, £5
1st team of three £10 each
1st Junior £15
1st on scratch TA Gilt Medal 1st handicap TA Gilt Medal
Event headquarters: Village Hall, Chapel Road, Isle of Grain, Rochester ME3 OBY (changed from last year)
Course: Q10/24 – Grain – Fenn Corner Roundabout – Grain
Start on A228 west of Grain Village 14 metres north of the lamppost GFY26 on Strood bound carriageway by a minor access road to the National Grid site, where the continuous white road edge line starts. Proceed west on the A228 to turn at Fenn Corner roundabout (5.07 miles). Retrace on the A228 to finish directly opposite the lamppost GFY19 (situated on Strood bound carriageway) (10 miles)
Notes to riders
● It is approximately 2 miles from the HQ to the start – please allow enough time for this, and be aware that other riders may be racing on the course.
● No warming up on the course once the event has started.
● Numbers will be at the HQ and will be issued to riders after signing on.
● Riders should refer to regulation 16 – which states that ‘the number should be centrally positioned below the waist so as to be clearly visible from the rear when in the normal riding position’.
● Numbers may be exchanged for a drink on completion of the ride
● Please remove racing shoes before entering the hall.
● Please do not perform U turns in the start or finish area or use these areas as a public toilet as offenders risk disqualification.
● In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard. Juniors and juveniles MUST wear such headgear.
● Whilst competing riders must ensure they adhere to the Highway Regulations and CTT Rules and Regulations, disciplinary action may result from any breaches in these regulations. Riders must also ensure their helpers conform to the Regulation 22 relating to the use of vehicles during events.
● It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active while the machine is in use.
● Rider feedback forms will be available in the HQ by the signing on desk, and can be used by riders and marshals to offer comments that could significantly improve safety.
● Have a safe and enjoyable ride.
Note the first 8 numbers are for the trike event not online entry.